Our students have continued to make us proud through their achievements and awards. The impact of these achievements are enormous as the entire school community continues to support learning that stretch, challenge and inspire our students to achieve their highest levels of attainment.
At Nile University, Abuja, three students of LBIS participated in the competition;
- Amusan Tasleemah Opeoluwa [Year 12],
- Nkemadu Olivia Esomchukwu [Year 12] and
- Adeleye Oluwaseyi Adeola [Year 11].
Tasleema Amusan Opeoluwa’s essay on ‘Equal and qualitative education for all’ was selected as one of the top 10 essays, and was awarded a prize. She was also inducted into PISTIS Elite Club. LBIS was also awarded a prize as one of the participating schools.
Our students represented the school at the European Union Embassy in Abuja as they had the opportunity to interview
the Head of the delegation of the EU to Nigeria and ECOWAS, Mr. Ketil Karlsen. The experience provided an opportunity for
our students to interact with the Ambassador and understand his mission in Nigeria and how it impacts on the Education
Sector and other sectors of our National Economy. Mr Karlsen and his team expressed delight at the
level of confidence displayed by our students.
Our alumna are all excelling and topping their classes in their various higher institutions.
* One of our many success stories is our very own Hauwa Umar Usman who bagged a first-class honors degree from Brighton University, U.K., becoming the first female aeronautic engineer from northern Nigeria.
We also have the following alumni who have made us proud:
* Ahamefula Bredan Rochas, First Class honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, University of Manchester. Ahamefula also has a Master of Science degree in Advanced Mechanical Engineering from Imperial College London.
* Adama Olumo- First Class Honors degree in Civil Engineering, University of Brighton.
* Ismail Tahir Mamman- First Class Honors degree in Biomedical Science, University of Surrey.
* Ahmed Sani Dan-Bello- First Class Honors degree in Law, University of Hertfordshire.
* Micheal Onolememen - First Class Honors degree in Bio-Chemistry, University of Sheffield, UK.
* Iliya Peter Biye - First Class Honors degree in Electrical Engineering, Conventry University, UK.
* Ayomide Muhammed Hassan - First Class Honors degree in Economics and management from Aston University Birmingham, UK.
* Muhammed Abbagana - First Class Honors in Political Science and International Relations from Nile University, Abuja.
Our students regularly take part in a variety of competitions. They achieved first position in a Mathematics and Science Competition organized by the British Oasis Academy, first position in Mathematics Competition organized by Premiere International School and first position in freestyle painting.
In 2017, LBIS recorded 100% WAEC credit passes in English of which 56.3% were distinctions. In Math, we recorded 95% credit passes and 84.4% distinctions.
We celebrate our class of 2020 Year12 students for their excellent performance during the Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination. Education at our school, sets a global standard for education, with learning that stretch, challenge and inspire students.
We are delighted to be in Ibadan, building on the excellent progress we have made over the last 14 years.
We are a self-evaluating school with a cycle of self-improvement. We routinely assess our performance to celebrate our strengths and identify areas for development which lead to continuous improvement.
Lead British International School assures you that your children will have a great learning experience with us which will propel them into becoming responsible, knowledgeable, high achievers and future leaders in whatever sphere they choose. This is the vision of our founder Hon. Oluwole Oke, to form leaders and produce the best intellectuals in Nigeria!
We look forward to welcoming your children to an educative journey which is geared towards making them leaders!
The LBIS family awaits YOU!